Monday, June 12, 2006

Madras Eye!!!

Conjunctivitis a.k.a madras eye, reminds me of my school days, like most others... Think I was in the 4th or 5th standard when I got madras eye and being the dedicated student that I was (!!!), went to school with it.... and was asked to wear coolers to prevent the infection from spreading... Man, did I feel like a cool dude or what!!!! and was the talk of the class (thought it was for my looks with the coolers on but actually it was due to my eye!!!)... I also managed to spread the virus to some of my classmates and of course, to all the folks at home... hmmm... Nice to reminisce those wonderful school days, isn't it?

Wondering why am talking about madras eye all of a sudden??? well... am currently suffering from that...

or rather, currently enjoying my madras eye... allowed me to stay at home for couple of days and avoid work!!! (hope my boss doesn't read this blog)...
(and am wearing coolers in the above photo to prevent the same from spreading to others!!!!!)

And btw, why is it called Madras eye??? any answers???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neil Boy
Has
Madras Eye

Not sure y its called so but here's a popular belief...coz it originated in the city of Madras...due to the hot climatic conditions.
so wear a pair of coolers n send your Conjunctivitis right back to Madras

Get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Its because in the year 1918 the first medicine was found to quickly cure the malady.

- Balaji