Friday, September 30, 2005

CA Student


This has been one hell of a week, what with quarter-end and so many deals to finish that I hardly found time to write... I realised that thousands of my fans would be waiting for some exciting article (just shut up!!!!!).... When I was about to give up, thinkin' that this isnt my cup of tea, I received an SMS which read something like this -
"In ancient times people used 2 go 2 d himalayas 4 "katthore tapasya" (penance), sacrificed all "mohmaya" & were completely away frm "parivar". Nowadays they take up CA"...
Though it did tickle my funny nerves (is there anything like that??) or rather, my funny bones initially, slowly it transported me back in time..... those years which I wouldnt forget at all..... It brought back memories of those nightmarish days when we would have to slog for 3 months at a stretch once every 6 months for 3 years.....
(hmmm... this sentence could form a good question for CAT, isnt it? Imagine a question going like "if a person studies for 3 months continuously once every 6 months for 3 years, what is the probability that he would remain sane?)... hmmm... that explains my state of mind, doesnt it??? ha ha ha, damn funny!!!
Not too sure if I am exaggerating things a bit too much... but I guess that was the truth..... and am sure my other CA friends would vouch for that.... I used to get sooooo disappointed in school & college if I didnt get the %age that I expected..... until I started doing my CA when I realised that all that matters here is passing!!!!!
The most difficult or rather, the most challenging thing 'bout taking up CA is doing articleship (which is as good as full-fledged working) and studying those fat books given by the Institute.... a balancing act for short..... Man, god knows how I managed that..... Thats when I realised that if I can, then anyone can.....
This is not some CA-glorification stuff but just re-living those days when we actually did "tapasya" and had to leave all "mohmaya" and our "parivar"..... But at the end of it all, it did seem worth it (not too sure if it still does!!!!!)

2 comments: